Oh my gosh…..so last night we were a little peckish and we are waiting until Wednesday to fill the fridge, this called for a bit of imagination!
Amongst the very little ingredients in the fridge were a pack of puff pastry, chicken, cheese and chorizo and oh boy do these go amazingly well together, even if I do say so myself.
Below is the recipe to create this utterly delicious Chicken, Chorizo and Cheese Puff Pastry Ring, it is perfect during the Christmas festivities whilst the family are around…or for that late night snack when everyone has gone.
The cheese melts perfectly inside the puff and the chorizo adds that extra bit of flavour!
- Grated Cheese
- 2 Chicken Breasts (I used two medium sized ones)
- 8 Slices of Chorizo (I used pre cut chorizo)
- Puff Pastry
- Make sure the puff pastry is well thawed out to ensure it does not crack and break whilst unrolling it
- Once rolled out cut the pastry into 8 even pieces
- Score each rectangular piece diagonally (This allows the insides to cook nicely once rolled)
- Place each piece of pastry into a circle like the picture below
- It is a good time to turn the oven on now to preheat it
- On each piece of the puff pastry place a slice of chorizo, closer to the centre of the ring as the top piece of the pastry will be folded over
- Now go around the ring scattering the grated cheese over the top of the chorizo
- I used frozen chicken breasts as its all I had so I pre cooked the chicken so that I could slice it
- Cut your chicken breasts into cubes and place on top of the cheese
- Once you have all of the ingredients in your ring its time to fold it over
- It doesn’t have to be neat the most important bit is to make sure the two pieces of pastry are touching so they melt together whilst cooking
- I kept my ring on the baking sheet that came with the puff pastry and transferred it onto a pizza baking tray
- In order to make sure the puff goes nice and golden brush some oil or milk across the top of the ring
- Once you are ready to eat the puff pastry ring place it in the oven following the puffy pastry guidelines that came on the box (roughly 15-20 mins)
- Once cooked…….ENJOY!!!
Presentation isn’t my skill, but who cares when you are eating it!
(Sorry about the lighting, I need new kitchen lights)
Home at Five xo